- Tell the Story. Write a relatable story about why funds are being raised.
Tell people about the person that the fund is about. Tell what, when and where it the tragedy or idea happened. Why they should help and how the funds will be used.
- Use quality photos Sometimes pictures say it all. A good quality picture will make all the difference in your campaign. Our campaigns allow you to add as many pictures as you want and you can add videos to customize it even further.
- Set hopeful goal amounts in Support Funds to encompass ALL NEEDS.
People that are found in a situation such as a sudden death, accident or diagnosis, are often facing much more than one bill or issue. Take into account things like lost wages, dependents, future needs and other pressing factors when setting your goal amount.
- Give Thanks each fund will have a donor report you can use to acknowledge donors
We give 100% of the funds raised to the beneficiaries they are intended for. Instead of taking a fee from the families, the fund starters or the organizations that are supported from these funds, we opted to run the site on optional donations from donors at the time of the donation.
A platform fee is what some sites charge to cover the cost of the website. Some crowdfunding sites take a percentage of the money raised through the fundraiser and charge platform fees ranging from 5% to 12%. We do not take any money away from the amount raised so 100% goes to the place it was intended.
- Log into your website and either click on the obituary you want to edit or start a new obituary or memorial page.
- Place your cursor end of the obituary and type the reason you are looking for people to donate followed by the words CLICK HERE.
- Highlight the words CLICK HERE and then click on the Insert/edit link button (pictured below.)
- When you click on the Insert/edit link button the below dialogue box appears. Fill in the Url, which is the link directly to your TMC Funding campaign. Don't forget to choose New window under Target. We don't want people actually leaving your site.
- Click Ok and then save your obituary. You should now have the words CLICK HERE that link to your TMCFunding campaign somewhere in your obituary.
To create a new campaign, you'll need to register for a free account. Below are some tutorial videos that can help, please click to watch:
When you are logged in, click on your name on the top right of the page. A drop down menu will appear, choose "My Funds". Each of your funds will be listed and on the right there is a link to SHOW REPORT. You can download them in an Excel, CSV or PDF.
Most funds run for 30 days. Once the 30 days are up, we will issue a check within 3-5 business days. We send checks via the USPS. We do not make deposits into bank accounts.
Note: If your fund is set up with a disclosure form to make a payment to a funeral home, we will issue payment directly to the funeral home. You will receive any funds that exceed the funeral expenses.
We provide links on your fundraising page for major social media outlets. Link your fund to email, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms to help spread the word about your fundraiser.
Start with the people most likely to donate and share the fund.
Funds are at a default to stop collecting 30days after they are created but can be extended at any time.
Safe and secure fund campaigns are our top priority. Set up the fund for free. However, there is a fee assessed for each donation of 2.9%. The transaction fee is automatically added to each donation. It covers the costs of credit and debit charges, safely delivering donations, and helps us offer more ways to donate—through credit, debit, Apple Pay, or Google Pay. This is the only fee added on TMCFunding and paid by the donor to cover all your fundraising needs.
Yes. TMCF includes Secure Socket Layer (SSL) payment encryption technology. This SSL technology ensures that your donors’ payment information is safe and that your donations are protected until your fundraiser is complete and a check has been issued. To reduce fraudulent funds, we send checks instead of direct deposit into bank accounts.
You will be issued a check for the amount of donations you received even if they do not meet your goal. You have the option of extending the time it is open (prior to it closing) or starting another fund if you wish.
If you pledge to have funds go directly to help with a balance at a funeral home, this is called a Family Support fund. We ask that a disclosure form is signed by both parties agreeing to this arrangement. When the fund ends, we ask you "close it out" by sending us that disclosure form and a disbursement form (letting us know how much goes to the funeral home, and how much goes to the family so we can write the checks). Both forms are downloadable in links at the bottom of each page on the site. Then scan and send the forms to email@example.com
Sometimes it is a matter of a typo concerning the zip code, security or card number, and the expiration date. The secure payment processor we use is hosted on many secure servers so it is rare that the processor is down itself. If the card is declined, we are not told why- just that the client should contact their institution. We never see or hold your card information.