Frequently Asked Questions
- Tell the Story. Write a relatable story about why funds are being raised.
Tell people about the person that the campaign is about. Tell what, when and where it the tragedy or idea happened. Why they should help and how the funds will be used.
- Use quality photos and embed tribute videos to make fundraiser personal.
Sometimes pictures say it all. A good quality picture will make all the difference in your campaign. Our campaigns allow you to add as many pictures as you want and you can add videos to customize it even further.
- Set hopeful goal amounts to encompass ALL NEEDS.
People that are found in a situation such as a sudden death, accident or diagnosis, are often facing much more than one bill or issue. Take into account things like lost wages, dependents, future needs and other pressing factors when setting your goal amount.
- Give Thanks
A platform fee is what some sites charge to cover the cost of the website. This includes design and maintenance, IT staff, user support and other costs. Some crowdfunding sites take a percentage of the money raised through the fundraiser and charge platform fees ranging from 5% to 12%.
- Log into your website and either click on the obituary you want to edit or start a new obituary.
- Place your cursor end of the obituary and type the reason you are looking for people to donate followed by the words CLICK HERE.
- Highlight the words CLICK HERE and then click on the Insert/edit link button (pictured below.)
- When you click on the Insert/edit link button the below dialogue box appears. Fill in the Url, which is the link directly to your TMC Funding campaign. Don't forget to choose New window under Target. We don't want people actually leaving your site.
- Click Ok and then save your obituary. You should now have the words CLICK HERE that link to your TMC Funding campaign somewhere in your obituary.
Every TMCF fundraiser runs for 30 days. Once the 30 days are up, we will issue a check within ten business days. We send checks via the USPS. We do not make deposits into bank accounts.
Note: If your TMCF fundraiser is set up through a funeral home, we will issue payment directly to the funeral home. You will receive any funds that exceed the funeral expenses.
We provide links on your fundraising page for major social media outlets. Link your fundraising page to Facebook Twitter and other social media platforms to help spread the word about your fundraiser.
Online fundraising follows the idea that many hands make light work. Fundraising online gives you access to many people at one time, in your community and around the world. Potential donors can read your story and make donations via credit card to your fundraising page to help you reach your target. By reaching and receiving from many people, even the smallest donations can quickly add up to a sizable goal.
TMCF fundraisers run for 30 days with the option to end the fund early. Fundraisers can also be extended at any time.
Set up the fundraiser for free. However, there is a fee assessed for each donation of 2.9%. This fee pays the credit card transaction fees for the donation.
Yes. TMCF includes Secure Socket Layer (SSL) payment encryption technology. This SSL technology ensures that your donors’ payment information is safe and that your donations are protected until your fundraiser is complete and a check has been issued.
Every TMCF fundraiser runs for 30 days. At the end of 30 days, you will be issued a check for the amount of donations you received even if they do not meet your goal. You have the option of starting another 30 day fundraiser if you wish.
Every TMCF fundraiser runs for 30 days. If you reach your goal before the 30 days are up, your goal will automatically be increased to allow for additional donations. Once the 30 day limit is reached, you will receive a check for the available funds.
Treasured Memories® has been in business since 1988. Treasured Memories® Community Funding (TMCF) is a bridge that links those in need with those willing to give. Through a crowd-funding website, TMCF helps those in financial need set up their own fundraisers and share their story in hopes of getting the relief that they need.
You can start a fundraiser for virtually any good cause on TMCFunding. The website was created for funeral professionals to help their communities but many compassionate people from all over the country have utilized our site for many different causes.